Week 10: Fantasy Football – Waiver Wire Pick-Ups:

foles1

Week 10: Fantasy Football – Waiver Wire Pick-Ups:

Nick Foles – 25% Yahoo! owned – Nick Foles had the type of game that has to leave even his closest friends and family scratching their heads again.  Nick Foles is NOT Michael Vick, that’s for sure, but who is Michael Vick anyway? At times, he’s been great. At times, he’s been mediocre. At (many) times, he’s been banged up. On a day that the city of Philadelphia needed some help and seemingly had nowhere to turn, Nick Foles threw for 7 touchdowns. Who are you, Nick Foles?

Foles: “Hey, I went 22 for 28, 406 Passing Yards and SEVEN TOUCHDOWNS!”

Fantasy Owners: “Whooo is this?”

Mike James – 49% Yahoo! owned – James absolutely shredded one of the top defensive fronts in the NFL (SEA). James ran for 158 Yards on 28 Carries. He hasn’t hit the end-zone yet, but the talent is there. He’s surprisingly available in a large percentage of leagues. Go add this guy – Nuff’ Said!

Shane Vereen – 46% Yahoo! owned – Vereen is eligible to return Week 11 from a broken wrist injury. If Week 1 was any indicator of New England’s plans for Vereen, the fantasy football world should be all over this add. Vereen slashed Buffalo in Week 1 for 101 Rushing Yards and 58 Receiving Yards. Known as one of 2013’s top fantasy football sleepers, Shane Vereen will be relevant once again. Add him if he’s somehow available in your league.

Andre Brown – 36% Yahoo! owned – It’s been reported that the Giants are working Brown back into their offensive scheme and continue to include him on a package of plays throughout practice. Remember that the Giants are currently featuring 3 other RBs. The target date for Brown’s return is Week 10, but we see him as a more reliable flex play in Week 11 and beyond. If he is available add him, watch his workload in Week 10 and be thinking about using him down the road.

Rashad Jennings – 9% Yahoo! owned – Shockingly, Darren McFadden is injured again!?! Sarcasm aside, McFadden re-aggravated a hamstring injury and will miss next weeks game. Jennings will get the workload vs. NYG in Week 10 and should be added.

Jonathan Stewart – 18% Yahoo! owned – Speculative add here. Carolina has 3 RBs at command here with Stewart back in the fold – DeAngelo Williams, Mike Tolbert and Jonathan Stewart. Should an injury occur to one of the RBs, Stewart becomes relevant. In other news here, we think that with Stewart back it does more hurting to the Carolina backfield than it does helping in a fantasy perspective.

Riley Cooper – 11% Yahoo! owned – Cooper notched an astounding 139 Receiving Yards and 3 TDs vs. an Oakland Pass Defense that is normally competitive. Cooper showed chemistry with Foles, adding his second 100 yard game of the season – both being with Nick Foles at QB. That’s an equation that adds up and should looked at seriously. We view Cooper as a strong addition to any fantasy squad this week. Philly plays GB in Week 10, who are coming off a short-week as they play on Monday Night. Look for Chip Kelly and the Eagles to exploit this defense who have shown to have holes throughout the season. That’s good info and deserving of 10% of your earnings! (See Video:)

Aaron Dobson – 36% Yahoo! owned – Dobson is coming off consecutive strong performances. In Week 8, Dobson grabbed 4 Receptions for 60 Yards and a TD as the X receiver – whereas in Week 9, he reeled in 5 Receptions for 130 Yards and 2 TDs. With Amendola and Gronk back, Dobson should see light coverage and continue to see the Targets and attention of Tom Brady. View Dobson as a 3/4WR.

2013's Most Accurate Fantasy Football Experts in the nation.

82 Comments

1. ccharvey4@gmail.com'

Charles Harvey

November 4, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I have T. Pryor, C. Kaepernick, and R.Wilson. I wanna hit the waiver wire and want to drop one. I was thinking TP. Your thoughts?

November 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

We would think you should be able to get good trade value out of one of those QBs before dropping if your deadline hasn’t expired. That being said, yes … we would drop Pryor out of the three options shown.

2. hall.w.brian@gmail.com'

B Hall

November 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Trade advice: i trade Cj2k, djax, and Stafford for Peyton and AP. My other backs are foster, lacy, law firm, and helu. My other wideouts are jordy, Marshall, hartline, and Dobson. 1 pt PPR. Thanks

November 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

If you make this trade, your starting lineup looks like:

QB – Peyton
      RB – AP
      RB – Lacy
      WR – Jordy
      WR – Marshall

Very strong lineup and has championship written all over it.

3. Monhrd7777@yahoo.com'

Delon

November 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Ppr League I need help with my line up this week games.
    Player Opp Rank 2013 Stats Fantasy Pts in Last Availability

Anthony Fasano TE KC 10 BYE 44 95Yd 18 3.6 3 4 3.6

Nick Folk K NYJ 10 BYE 2 23/23FG14/14XP 83 9.2 14↑ 11.67 10.6

Dallas Cowboys TM DAL 11 @NO Sun 8:30 4 5TD12INT23Sack 127 14.1 12 15 12.4

Injured Reserve
    Michael Crabtree WR SF 9 CAR Sun 4:05
    Cut

I will pick up clay from dolphin. What other Position should I Address in free agent pool. 12 team League ppr most point win the jackpot at the end the year after the week 13 to pick up player. Playoff and Super Bowl game.

November 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM

We feel that both your RB and DEF roster spots are troublesome. We would address both with depth as your starting RBs have currently shown to have injury issues. Depth in general at the RB, WR and DEF positions will help you out immensely. Check out our Week 10 Waiver Wire post for some ideas on pick-ups.

4. abekim12@gmail.com'

Scott

November 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM

At this point is Ray Rice considered a low end Flex RB? Already have a good flex RB in Giovani, but Ray is killing me.

Should I instead approach a volatile scoring approach and trade Ray Rice in my nonppr league for say someone like TY Hilton?

• abekim12@gmail.com'

Scott

November 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM

A continuation from the other post.

My current team makeup is the following in a nonppr league with a lineup system of 2RB/2WR/1Flex(WR/RB):

QB: Stafford, Foles
      RB: Ray Rice, Martin, Giovanni, Mike James, Andre Brown
      WR: Demaryius Thomas, Garcon, Amendola, Mike Floyd
      TE: Cameron
      D/ST: Streamline (Currently Colts)
      K: Prater
      **Two Bench Slots available due to week 9 Byes** Targeting Greene and Cooper/Dodson.

Obviously, my RBs are an issue with Ray Rice and the Ravens offense.

I was thinking either to use my Flex spot (RB/WR), soley for a WR with upside (e.g. Amendola/TY Hilton via trade) for the rest of the season until Ray Rice proves otherwise.

Any other players I should target to package Ray Rice with Foles or any of my other players?

November 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Mike James proved against SEA that he is a talent to continue to start. It’s irregular that a RB does that to SEAs front 7. Bernard also posted a strong game. I think for the time being, your strategy is a intelligent one as Ray Rice simply doesn’t have it together. With Andre Brown returning, I would target Riley Cooper. Cooper has posted two +100 yard games this season. Both have came with Foles at QB. The chemistry is there and should continue. Unfortunately, like any buy low / sell high strategy, Ray Rice isn’t in demand and you won’t get what you deserve should you decide to trade him. All in all, we feel that your roster is strong in depth though – which at this point in the season is a rarity for most owners.

• abekim12@gmail.com'

Scott

November 6, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Give: Foles, Ray Rice, Garcon (Cameron)
          Take: AJ Green, TY Hilton (Julius T)

Like it? The players in parenthesis are added players I want to target with Cameron on a bye and a must win situation.

November 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Yeah I do.

• abekim12@gmail.com'

Scott

November 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM

How far would be too far? If I were to get all the said players from the trade partner but give Amendola on top of everything. Still too much?

This would leave me with TY, Demaryius, AJ, Mike James/Doug Martin, Giovani, and Andre as my starting core in nonppr. Still okay?

November 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM

You’re going to have to refresh us on the “said players” to help determine, but we think you have a strong core.

• abekim12@gmail.com'

scott

November 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM

It would be a package like this:

Give: Foles, Ray, Garcon, Amendola, Cameron
            Take: AJ Green, TY, Julius

November 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM

That’s a lot, will that hurt you with depth? What’s your bench look like?

• abekim12@gmail.com'

Scott

November 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM

My depth isn’t too shabby, as I have Andre Brown, Cooper, Mike Floyd in a 14-man nonppr league. In a 2RB/2WR/1 Flex (RB/WR) format, TY, Andre, and Cooper could fill in the void.

I feel like I have too many players on the same tier e.g. Mike James, Giovani, Andre Brown, Amendola, and TY.

This trade would leave me with a roster of the following:

Stafford

Mike Floyd
            Shonn Greene
            2 More Bench Slots

5. brila777@gmail.com'

John O

November 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM

my vjax 4 Alshon n reed or gonzo ppr . My risk is AJ may be benchd when percy comes back, olsen n wright avail te could just hold and try pick one them up currently have clay. My WR D thomas cecil keenan harvin sanders and Ajax

November 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

D Thomas, Shorts, Keenan Allen, Harvin and E Sanders alone is phenomenal depth. With Blackmon gone, Shorts is going to be a second half gem along with our other favorite – Keenan Allen. Not sure what the remainder of your lineup looks like, but if you have VJax on top of the options I just listed – we’re guessing you’re thin at RB and should target that area. Reed is a good option at TE. If you are able, both Wright and Olsen are solid options as well.

• brila777@gmail.com'

John O

November 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM

10 tm ppr
        Qb Rivers Ryan
        Rb AP Forte Vereen and L Bell.
        Wr Dthomas Vjax Keenan Harvin Esanders RRandle
        TE Olsen
        DEF ARI TEN
        Just made trade today Cecil for rivers. Im still considering the trade above but I feel my only hole is TE. Do you think the above trade is solid, I think its giving too much if im not starting alshon each week. He would prob be my flex however between vereen lbell.

November 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We think acquiring Rivers with Ryan’s sketchy play is necessary. Your lineup is solid and has championship potential. Tennessee has a light upcoming schedule which is beneficial. Your weakest point is still TE, but unless you have one of the big guns, you’re in the same boat as everyone else. With Cam Newton improving his play, Olsen is a more reliable option.

6. waynecrobinsonii@gmail.com'

Wayne

November 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I’m trying to plan ahead for a change. One of my leagues locks rosters for the duration of the playoffs, and I have been streaming Defenses all year. Who do you think the best potentially available DSTs would be for weeks 14-. Thanks16? A combo of 2 would work too. Thanks!

November 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Tenn has ARI,JAX weeks 14 and 15. Indi has JAX week 17.

7. daleyke@umich.edu'

Kevin Daley

November 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

What TE’s do you recommend to replace Gronk this week?

November 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Hard to say without knowing who’s out there… Olsen, Reed, Wright, Fleener…

• daleyke@umich.edu'

Kevin Daley

November 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Bennett, Wright, Clay, Cook. Those are some of the good ones that are left.

November 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Go Martellus Bennett – he did good against the Lions last meeting. Dolphins do a decent job against the TE position (Wright).

8. Jasoncrosby10@gmail.com'

Jason

November 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I asked you last week if you trade Stacy for P Rivers, you said no, now I am offered J Bell and Rivers for Stacy or Moreno. My other backs are Bush, Moreno, and Ellington and my Qb is Matt Ryan

November 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I feel you should be able to get a better QB with who you’re giving up. You need Joique Bell, but if Bush goes down you still have Stacy and Moreno/Ellington at RB. I don’t like you giving up either RB for Rivers. Is this league pretty deep? Any other QB you can go after?

Jason

November 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM

It’s a 12 team league with 6 bench slots , and the waiver wire for qbs is very thin, Glennon, Cutler, Eli manning on the waiver wire. Who would be a goos trade for either back. Brees and Peyton won’t be traded ( I’ve tried)

November 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Since you really want to get rid of one of them I’d do the Moreno for Joique and Rivers trade. Keep in mind Rivers has a tough schedule ahead of him, but Joiques a good asset to have with Bush as your RB.

November 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM

How’s you WR, DEF, and TE situation?

Jason

November 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Good at Wr, Dez, k Allen , Ty Hilton, James jones and E sanders , TE is Tim Wright and Carolina defense

November 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM

So you need a TE. What are the chances you can land a QB and a TE? If you land a reliable TE and QB, you have a real good shot of winning your league!

9. josephtsullivan@hotmail.com'

@joeysull

November 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I was offered Lynch, Colston & Harvin for Fitzgerald, Lamar Miller & Powell. Take the trade?
    My team if the trade went through
    QB Stafford
    WR Marshall
    WR Gordon
    RB Charles
    RB Lynch
    TE Gonzalez
    FLEX Kendall Wright, Ben Tate, Shane Vereen or Jonathan Stewart.
    Should I take the trade? Looks like a dominant squad in a tough 12 team league to me.

November 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Thanks for the comment on here. Keep the Lynch side of the deal. Miami’s line is in trouble with Incognito and Martin now both out, in what looks like forever for Incognito. Incognito was a top 15 guard in the league, the loss of him will kill Miami’s O-Line, which will directly effect Miller.

10. gangsterofallah@yahoo.com'

Imad

November 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Should I drop Marvin Jones for Aaron Dobson? or stick with him?

November 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Like Dobson.

• gangsterofallah@yahoo.com'

Imad

November 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Sweet thats what I was thinking. Love the site

11. brale46571@aol.com'

Brenda Raleigh

November 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM

PPR Drop Cameron for T. Wright?

12. gangsterofallah@yahoo.com'

Imad

November 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Just wanna see what you think about my team
    QB Matthew Stafford
    WR Dez, Vjax, Gordon, and Marvin Jones
    RB Jamaal Charles, Levon Bell, Eddie Lacey, Trent, S-Jax and Ellington
    TE Julius Thomas and Heath Miller
    Kicker Justin Tucker
    DST Kansas City

13. Adrianlperalta13@yahoo.com'

Adrian

November 6, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Should I pick up Foles or Eli?

• frustrated

November 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Stay away from Eli Manning. He is a factory of sadness.

November 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Foles

14. yoyo@live.com'

fantasyking

November 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Should I give up steven jackson for ray rice? I feel rice is going to step it up.

November 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Pretty lateral move, but we like Ray Rice more.

15. bgeinbson@yahoo.com'

Jonas

November 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Need some solid advice:
    2 QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex – Non PPR

Matthews (SD), Ellington (AZ), Murray (Dal), Allen (SD), Randle (NYG), Welker (Den), Royal (SD), Wright (TB listed as both TE/WR), Bennett (Chi) and J Jones (Bal)
    I have Brady (Bye) so I’m starting Pryor (Oak) and Glennon (TB).
    McKown is available on the wire, but I fear Cutler coming back will scuttle me.
    I’m 6 and 3, but on a 3 game skid.

Any advise would help!!

November 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM

We would recommend starting Case Keenum this week over Mike Glennon if he’s available. We feel that he has more upside. Riley Cooper should be a top waiver priority pick-up this week as well.

• bgeinbson@yahoo.com'

Jonas

November 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Keenun and Cooper were snatched up. I do have *gasp* Seneca Wallace. Should I play him over Glennon? How’s bout Matthews? I have him benched thinking the SD/Den game will become a shoot out

November 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Mathews last game left us scratching our head – do you have better options? Rashad Jennings on the wire? As far as QB, Seneca Wallace is blah. We like McCown (If starting) and Glennon more than Wallace.

• bgeinbson@yahoo.com'

Jonas

November 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Wire is out of “quality” backs… I’m starting Ellington and Murray (talk about a head scratcher for HIS game last week).
            I picked up McKown on a waiver… All signs point to him starting. So that gives me Pryor and McKown.
            I’m really needing WR help based on my players (10 team league five bench spots and Brady Amendola sitting) Based solely in my list above 3 WR and 2 flex??
            Thanks for the input!!!

November 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Kind of confused on that. Who are your options?

16. brale46571@aol.com'

Brenda Raleigh

November 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM

PPR Eli, Locker or Keenum?

17. brale46571@aol.com'

Brenda Raleigh

November 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM

PPR Flex-Marvin Jones or Zac Stacy? Thanks

18. Kleintopher@gmail.com'

Matt

November 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Better back up to Wilson ROS – Brady, Locker or Cutler?

19. npball89@yahoo.com'

Matteo

November 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM

With Jamal Charles on a bye week I’m left with MJD, Donald Brown or Rashad Jennings. I’m leaning towards the MJD/Jennings combo but could use another opinion. Thank you!

November 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Go with Jennings. Jennings had 176 yards and a TD on 22 carries when DMC left the game.

20. hernandez.richard.aaron@gmail.com'

Richard Hernandez

November 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Traded L. Miller, RG3, and Chiefs D/ST for DeMarco Murray and Tom Brady. Did I win? Also, who would you start out of C. Shorts and T. Smith? Finally, someone dropped D. Amendola this week. Is he a better pickup than S. Greene, J. Stewart, or R. Jennings?

November 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Eh, not crazy about it. Like KC’s Def. If it’s a PPR League, go with Shorts. I’d go Amendola over Jennings, but depends how deep you are at RB and WR.

21. tedmcgraw44@gmail.com'

T McGRaw

November 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM

10 Team PPR
    QB- A Luck, P Rivers
    RB-M Forte, Z Stacy, D Murray, M James, R Rice
    WR-AJ Green, D Thomas, K Allen, D Bowe, S Smith
    TE-J Witten, T Wright
    D/ST- Cardinals, Patriots

Obvious starting two WR are Thomas and Green, Forte is obvious at RB. But who should I play as RB2? Flex Keenan Allen? I know I can’t go wrong either way but Luck or Rivers?

November 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I like Rivers over Luck this week, they play Denver, so it should be an offensive paced game. I like Stacy as your RB 2 and Flez Allen.

22. hall.w.brian@gmail.com'

bhall

November 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Have the oppurtunity to get Dobsen off the wire…Do I drop Roddy (been holding out hope all year) or Colston (been hoping for a flashbacks) to get him in a standard league?

November 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM

The other 2 offer a lot more upside. If you need to make this move to make the playoffs, do it. If you held onto White this long you mine as well wait and see how he does. He’s expected to return this week.

23. Aaron.garnier@gmail.com'

Aaron g

November 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I picked up cj spiller on the waiver. Who should I start Spiller or Vernon Davis in my flex. It’s a standard league with no TE slot (besides the flex)

Thanks

November 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Spiller. He’s starting to turn it on and Buffalo is looking to give him more carries.

24. jdgarrett89@gmail.com'

JD Garrett

November 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Should I trade Matt Forte and Ray Rice for Marshawn Lynch and Reggie Bush?

My team is solid even without rices production so far. TY Hilton, Pierre Garcon, Vincent Jackson, Golden Tate, Tony Gonzalez and Denarious Moore are my wrs. I have Andre Ellington and Chris Ivory as backup RB’s

November 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM

We like the Lynch & Bush side more. Ray Rice has been a factory of sadness so far this season. It’s crucial that you attempt to add Joique Bell as Bush’s handcuff down the stretch though.

25. abekim12@gmail.com'

Scott

November 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Who to use as a Flex in nonppr: Cooper, Greene, Mike Floyd, or Ray Rice? It sad to see Mr. Sunshine Ray in here, but that’s how his season is so far. Le Sigh! I’m incling towards Cooper or even Greene with his super soft matchup.

Already have Giovani and Mike as my other RB slot with Demariyus and Garcon as the WR1/2

• abekim12@gmail.com'

Scott

November 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Also who would be the better remaining TE on the waviers: Ertz, Celek, D Walker, Fauria, Pettigrew?

Or trade for something cheap like Timothy Wright?

November 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Ray Rice has been a “Factory of Sadness” this season. We would sit him and go with Cooper. Wouldn’t imagine Cooper to go bananas again, but expect a solid game and the Foles/Cooper connection to continue.

26. timjobenn@gmail.com'

McBennett

November 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Line-up advice would be appreciated. My top guys are on bye this week (Brady and Jamaal Charles). I’m in a PPR league with 14 teams. Here’s what I’ve got:

QB: Jake Locker
    RB: Frank Gore
    WR1: Denarius Moore
    WR2: Keenan Allen
    TE: Martellus Bennett
    Flex (R/T/W): Riley Cooper
    D: Redskins

On the bench: Mike Tolbert, Steve Smith (Carolina), James Jones. Any thoughts would be most appreciated! Not sure if I should play Smith or Tolbert. Tolbert has had a lot of TD success in Carolina’s offense, mores than Smith. But Smith may stand a better chance for receptions/yardage points against the 49ers. And Jones…well, that depends on GB’s QB situation.

November 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I like your lineup the way you have it. WR’s have done decent against SF this year, but those WR’s were legit. Steve Smith hasn’t proved any better than a WR3 this season. I like your chances with Cooper and Moore, “more.”

27. Irishbound4cb@aol.com'

Collin Bowser

November 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I have Desean Jackson and Keenan Allen as my two starting WR’s. Do I start Vincent Jackson or jump on the Cj Spiller bandwagon and start him my flex position? .5 points per reception in my respective league. Thanks.